Lanternflies are not poisonous to cats. However, if a lanternfly is eaten by a cat, it could cause an upset stomach or diarrhea. If your cat eats a lanternfly, watch for these symptoms and contact your veterinarian if they occur.
Lanternflies are a type of winged insect that are often mistaken for fireflies. While they may look harmless, lanternflies can actually be poisonous to cats if they are ingested. The toxins in their bodies can cause gastrointestinal issues and even death in some cases.
If you suspect your cat has eaten a lanternfly, it is important to seek medical attention immediately.
All About the Spotted Lanternfly & How to Get Rid of Them!
No, Lanternflies are Not Poisonous to Cats
Lanternflies are not poisonous to cats. However, if a lanternfly is ingested by a cat, it could potentially cause an upset stomach or other gastrointestinal issues.
There are a lot of myths and misinformation out there about lanternflies. Some people think that they’re poisonous to cats, but this is not true. Lanternflies are actually harmless to cats and other animals.