Do you own a cat with short or long hair? You may need to clip their fur at some point. Perhaps hair has grown matted, excessively nasty, or you need to trim your beloved cat before the weather warms up.
Whatever the case may be, you’ll undoubtedly want a specialist cat clipper. Thus, in this post, we’ll review some of the finest cat clippers. Whether yours is long or short-haired, has matted hair, or has delicate skin, you will find a suitable clipper. Take a close look at this list right now to discover which ones could be perfect for you. But before we do that, let us quickly look at the different types of cat hair clippers.
Categories of Cat Clippers
Do you want to know what the primary distinctions are between various kinds of cat clippers? Here’s a rundown of its most popular product types.
- Corded: The Corded cat clippers provide excellent performance and reliable power, but they must be connected to electricity to operate. As a result, they are more unpleasant and difficult to use since you must know where the cable is and prevent winding it around your pet. If you don’t mind the occasional clumsiness from the cord, then you will find a cordless clipper very useful and efficient to work with.
- Cordless: Typically, cordless cat clippers utilize detachable batteries or rechargeable (which is permanent) batteries. They are handy, although they often have less power compared to corded clippers. The cordless nature makes it easier to handle and work with. Furthermore, when their charge depletes, they lose some of their potency. To get the absolute best from a cordless cat hair clipper, keep it ultimately charged.
- Kits vs. the bare tools: Which is superior? A few clippers on this article come in a set featuring clipping guide comb, cutters, combs, and other related products. Others are simply “bare tools” with no attachments, which must be purchased individually. The bare tools clippers are unique in that different parts needs to be bought for the clipper unit to function effectively.
- Brushless Motor: Brushless electric clippers have been found to be more efficient than “brushed” DC electric motors. Brushless motor cat fur trimmers often have higher power than brushed motor cat fur trimmers. The advantage of having a higher power is that brushless clippers may be used for matter furs, longer hairs and sometimes for other animals like dogs. Thus owning a brushless motor clipper helps to save cost for pet owners who rear more than one species of animals.
- Blades: The sharpness and durability of its blades are the most important considerations when selecting a kit of cat hair clippers. The smoother the blade, the more easily it will slide over your cat’s hair without hair “dragging” or hair pulling. That’s among the reasons why a more expensive set of cat hair clippers is desirable. The edges will be considerably more resilient, and be driven by a powerful motor. Furthermore, high-end hair clippers include interchangeable blades that may be simply replaced out if a blade becomes dull. This assures that you may use a single clipper set for several years, if not decades. Furthermore, blade maintenance is required to keep the edge sharp. After use, use the supplied brush to clean your cat clippers (if applicable). If blades were not included in the trimmer, you might use an unused toothbrush to clean fur from the edges. Next, lubricate and preserve the blade from corrosion and damage with blade oil. Ensure you routinely clean the clippers after every session for longevity and continued sharpness.
Now that you know the different types of cat clippers let’s explore the best modern clippers you can get for your cats.
Best Cat Clippers Overall
- Andis ProClip AGC2 2-Speed (Black Clipper with Removable Blade)
The Key Features include:
- Detachable drive cap
- Dual-speed (up to 2700-3400 strokes in a minute)
- A button for turning on/off
- A 14-foot multipurpose cord
- A sealed, powerful rotary motor unit
This Andis cat clipper has a cord and high-quality, sturdy housing with a robust rotary motor unit. With the replaceable blade unit, you may effortlessly switch between multiple Andis Ultra Edge clippers and Ceramic Edgeblades to get the best trim length.
It has been developed to function on different sorts of cats with varying forms of coats, making it the best for a cat owner with several furry companions ranging from the short-haired types to long-haired types, plus every other thing in between. Because of the fast speed and efficiency of the motor and the sharp, easily-changed blades, these heavy-duty cat clippers may even be used on some dogs.
The popular Andis ProClip AGC2 is our best selection for the best cat clippers due to its overall adaptability, fantastic value, and dependable, consistent performance.
- A high-quality rotary motor
- It is safe to use on practically any pet.
- The two-speed setting enables you to pick the appropriate speed
- It does not include any guide combs or any other similar equipment.
- Some rowdy pets may find it difficult to be trimmed because of the thick rope.
- When compared to other affordable items, it is on the pricey side.
2. The Oster A5 Turbo 2-Speed Cat Clipper is a high-performance, two-speed pet clipper.
The Key Features include:
- Strokes per minute may be adjusted between 3,000 – 4,000. (SPM)
- Compatible with the blade of some other clippers.
- It is robust and resilient; it quickly cuts through any length or variety of hair.
- Metal housing that is both comfortable and long-lasting
- Even during lengthy cuts, it runs quietly, producing little or no heat.
For cats with long hair, we recommend the Oster A5 Turbo 2-Speed Pet Clipper. With trim speeds ranging from 3,000 to 4,000 SPM, it is unrivaled in terms of cutting efficiency. Even the most matted and unclean hair will not be able to withstand the high-quality motor and razor-sharp blade of this Oster device, making it our top option for long-haired cats.
Its strength allows it to slide softly without tugging or causing discomfort to your pet, even if your cat has long hair. This results in a happier cat — plus an even more satisfied owner. Its efficient motor will stay strong and operate quietly during even the most prolonged trimming sessions without unnecessary heat or noise.
- Appropriate for cutting any pet
- The razor-sharp blade makes your work of trimming a breeze, and the blade can be swapped out to tailor your cut.
- For lengthy trim sessions, the durable, soft metal housing keeps calm and is simple to grasp.
- Extra blades are expensive.
- There are maintenance items included, but not guide combs.
- Due to the design, it is heavy and big, which may be unpleasant for individuals with little hands.
3. Wahl Bravura Cordless Clipper Kit for Dog & Cat
The Key Features Include:
- The whole equipment includes guide combs, a maintenance brush and other items.
- 90-minute run time
- A powerful motor assures continuous performance without a drop in speed except the battery is totally expended.
- “5-in-1” edge that is adjustable
- The blade may be adjusted to different sizes
Finest Cordless Cat Clippers: This Wahl device is the safest option if you’re searching for a cordless clipper. These types are highly beneficial if your pet moves around a lot or if you hate it being attached to a wall outlet; however, they are frequently underpowered.
This is a different case with this product, which has a professional-grade motor that produces more than 5,000 SPM. The battery-powered motor operates smoothly and the item may be plugged and used while charging. It takes lesser than 60 minutes for a full charge, making it simple to keep it powered when you need it. The blade can be adjusted, and it comes with a complete guide combs set, making it incredibly flexible.
- It operates silently, with slight vibration, noise, or heat.
- Its cordless design allows it to be used anywhere.
- At no additional cost, the complete set includes a range of essential extras.
- When trimming many dogs or for lengthy periods, the battery may run out.
- During longer trimming sessions, it may grow heated.
- When compared to similar corded devices, this model is pricey.
- Wahl KM10 Professional 2-Speed Brushless Dog & Cat Clipper
4. Wahl KM10 Professional 2-Speed Brushless Clippers for Dog & Cat
The Key Features Include:
- The constant speed regulator changes the trimmer speed dependent on the resistance and kind of hair. The prolonged motor life allows for up to 12,000 hours of operation.
- The design is ergonomic and well-balanced for minimum vibration.
- It produces between 3,500 and 3,800 SPM.
Finest Cat Clippers: If you have a cat with matter or long hair, this Wahl cat hair clipper is probably the best option on this list. Although it may be the most costly, it is a high-grade model designed for daily grooming. The speed control function keeps it from becoming clogged by mats and the long hair, and the engine offers remarkable torque, letting the blade cut through the thickest, clumped, and strongest hair mats.
- With careful maintenance, the powerful motor will run for years and even decades.
- The ergonomic and low-vibration quality reduces wrist fatigue.
- It can be used to remove any matting as well as for cleaning.
- The most costly item on this list
- It does not include any attachments and must be bought separately.
- The available power is excessive for most standard trims devoid of heavy matting.
Three additional Top Rated Cat Hair Clippers
Do you want to see more top-rated cat hair clippers? We examined some additional items but did not include them in the “most-recommended” category for various reasons.
5. Wahl SS Pro Cat Clipper Kit is a kit that includes a pair of Wahl SS Pro.
It is an excellent choice for a single-speed clipper set. It boasts Strong performance and can easily cut through strong and matted coatings. This clipper has a rotary motor and a professional, removable blade for a flawless finish at 3,200 SPM.
6. The Oster A5 Golden Pet Clipper is a high-quality pet clipper.
These clipper sets were virtually our top selection for the top overall hair cutters for cats. This device is available in a single-speed or two-speed type, has a heavy-duty metal body, and has speeds ranging from 2,100 to 2,700 SPM.
The detachable blades are simple to replace and work with all Cryogen-XTM, Elite Cryogen-XTM and Take Down Quick Wide blades. The rotary engine is quiet, cools down quickly, and produces steady torque and speed to tackle even the dirtiest grooming chores.
7. 5-Speed Andis ProClip Excel
5-Speed Andis ProClip Excel Blade Clipper is made in a number of colors, allowing you to customize it. If you’re an experienced groomer, this may also help you avoid misunderstanding in busy offices. This Certified Professional cat clipper has a solid rotary motor unit for thorough animal grooming. Lower speeds can be used for more excellent running as well as clipping around sensitive regions, while higher rates can be used for a more excellent coat touch. This clipper has a 44-blade drive that provides 25% greater blade torque. The bade of the clipper is also removable for easy replacement and cleaning. This clipper is pricier than others, but you definitely get what you pay for in terms of quality and durability. It is also far more aesthetically pleasing than most clippers.
Thank you for reading – and now that you’ve learned everything there is to know about the seven best hair clippers for cats, you’ll be able to make the appropriate purchasing selection – regardless of your budget. So, do have another look at our recommendations, explore your favorites, and discover the best equipment for grooming your beloved pets!